The activity of the Group is focused on continual improvement of the management systems and constant enhancement of product quality, with preventing and mitigating the adverse impact on the environment. The Group entities are permanently involved in quality issues through the certified quality systems.
The parent company, ELEKTROBUDOWA SA has applied the Quality Management System according to PN - EN ISO 9001 since 1997, and from 2002 the Environmental Management System based on the model presented in the PN - EN ISO 14001 standard.
The Quality Management System has been supplemented with:
- the NATO requirements defined in the document AQAP-2110,
- quality assurance requirements during construction of nuclear power stations, acc. to NSQ 100,
- quality requirements for welding - according to PN-EN ISO 3834-2,
- quality requirements for designing and manufacturing of steel constructions defined in the PN – EN 1090-1 standard.
The switchgear manufacturing facility in Konin also meets the quality requirements of Directive 94/9/EC on equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and the requirements of Directive 94/9/EC and of the standard PN – EN ISO/IEC 80079 - 34.
The Busduct Factory in Tychy also meets the quality requirements for manufacture of pressurized equipment for conformity with European Pressure Directive 97/23/EC.
The subsidiary, ENERGOTEST sp. z o. o. has certificates for conformity to:
- EN ISO 9001:2008 - Quality management system;
- PN-EN 14001:2005 - Environmental management system, requirements and guidelines.
All the above systems, including supplements, are regularly recertified by relevant bodies accredited for conformity with applicable standards.
The quality management system is integrated with the environmental management and occupational safety management systems. Integration generally consists in maintaining common documentation for the systems, common auditing of the management systems, setting goals and targets.
Important events that occurred in the 12 months ended 31 December 2016 and which contribute to assessment and functioning of the integrated quality and environmental management systems in place in LEKTROBUDOWA SA Group:
- training courses for supervision staff, comprising the issues of: the management systems valid in the company, instances of non-observing the environmental regulations and quality requirements for manufactured products and supplied services, conducted together with the OHS training for supervision staff, erection managers, direct labour and administrative personnel;
- training for management of ELEKTROBUDOWA SA concerning changes introduced to the standards ISO 9001:2015 and AQAP 2110:2016;
- successful audit of supervision of quality systems based on PN - EN ISO 9001:2009 and 2110:2009, and the environmental management system based on PN - EN ISO 14001:2005;
- drafting a programme of improvement actions for areas indicated in the audit report;
- internal audits of the integrated quality and environmental management system and taking actions to prevent occurrences of nonconformity, and in respect of occurred nonconformities - relevant corrective and/or preventive actions;
- review of the system documents, amendments to the documents caused by the organisational changes in the company, and starting the actions aimed at amending the system documents following the changes to the system standards and preparing ELEKTROBUDOWA SA for certification for conformity with the requirements with ISO 9001:2015, AQAP 2110:2016 and ISO 14001:2015 standards;
- a successful audit to check the conformity with the standards implemented in the subsidiary, ENERGOTEST sp. z o.o.
Plans for H1 2017:
- training courses within the Auditors’ Academy, combined with trainings for the OHS staff;
- continuation of amending the system documents following the changes to the system standards and preparing the Company for certification for conformity with the requirements with ISO 9001:2015, AQAP 2110:2016 and ISO 14001:2015 standards,
- continuation of training in the management systems in place in the Company for employees of all tiers;
- a recertification audit of the quality system based on PN - EN ISO 9001 and AQAP 2110 and the environmental management system based on PN - EN ISO 14001;
- implementation of the internal audits schedule;
- implementation of the planned corrective actions in the subsidiary ENERGOTEST sp. z o.o.;
- review of elements of information safety in ENERGOTEST sp. z o.o.;
- internal audit of legality of software used by ENERGOTEST sp. z o.o.
Positive results of internal and external audits, records in the reports of inspections and reviews in the 12 months ended 31 December 2016 prove that the systems applied by ELEKTROBUDOWA Group function correctly and that the entities of Group supply products and services in compliance with the relevant contracts for supplies and services and with legal requirements.